1 Mar 2020

February Summary

First time using Simplicity patterns - they´re simple but somehow I cannot get used to having the seam allowance already included. I grew up with Burda - there you always have to add it. 
Anyhow, jersey dress (wool/poly blend). I opted the zipper out as with strecth jersey it´s really not needed. Sizing started at 40 for this one which is a bit too loose for me so I had to take in at the side seams. At the bust I just did a bit deeper folds and no adjustment on the back. Normal sleeve length.

The fabric was a really cool one - had to play a bit with the layout to make sure it actually looked good. There´s a slit at the back and no lining.

Simplicity 6/2019 Model 3



I also did a long sleeve T-shirt with a V-neck using again a Simplicity pattern. I won´t use this pattern again for sure - I prefer Burda for long sleeves. This one was too loose for size 40 (even with taking in the sides). I did learn though to finish a V-neckline which was fun. I did a short sleeve version of the same pattern to see if that one would be better. Nope. I´m still looking for simple short sleeve patterns as I´m really running out of these lately. The fabric was a cotton/poly knit blend with an asymmetric pattern so it was pretty hard to make it look ok. I´m not totally satisfied with this but it´s very comfy for home at least.

Simplicity 6/2019 Model 21



I followed Lynda Maynard´s instructions  to finish the V-neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment