21 Apr 2019

Hoarding On

Part of the reason me not blogging is the recent fever I got to buy more fabrics (or the lack of sewing time - or both). I´m already past the stage of feeling guilty for hoarding - to my excuse I´ve been only buying quality fabrics. Other excuse I have is my sewing time has decreased so dramatically that I tried to compensate by fingers being itchy by buying fabrics and daydreaming about my next projects.

I did finish a few things though that turned out to be gorgeous. I´ve left the idea behind that my waist is not small enough for belts - after I tried this on with different skirts I made earlier.

Ottobre 5/2013
Belt from Etsy




Other big revelation I had was to go up by a size. Sounds painful but solves a lot of fitting issues. In reality my upper body is between 36 and 38 except by back and shoulder width so this has always been a pain with 38 patterns.
My waist and hips grew somewhat  and giving birth to 2 kids is not the real excuse. I think it comes with age - even though I do some sports and try to cut sweets back my metabolism is not what it used to be.
So my jacket and my dress were still in size 38 but I had to adjust here and there a bit.
Burda pattern


Jacket Ottobre 5/2013
Other big revelation I had was I need more clothes. A lot of them are old and worn out and boring so time for a change. Off to my fabric stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment