4 Aug 2014

Fabric Recycling

By following Cation´s blog I always get news on free patterns. I´m not really the type of person who likes to spend money on single patterns. Being a subscriber to Ottobre and an occasional buyer of Burda I think singles are expensive. So I read about the Polly top release which seemed to be a nice project to do in an evening after Kiddo fell asleep.
I used fabric leftovers and an old pair of pants which I took apart hoping to use the fabric once for something useful.
I ended up with 2 tops.
Pants upcycled

Leftovers from other projects
A few thoughts - although the pattern does work with wovens I like it more with some stretch.
I got confused by the UK sizing - size 8 seems to be a bit loose on me but nevermind.
I should have read Cations´s post properly as she hacked the neckline to be a bit higher.
Both tops will be great when I get pregnant again for example (at least for 4-5 months), and both will be ok to wear on hot summer days. So time not wasted, but learnt a lot.


Cation blogját követve mindig naprakész vagyok hol van ingyenes szabásminta. Nem szeretek mintát venni egyenként, szerintem sokkal jobban megéri Ottobrét előfizetni meg megvenni a Burdát.
Szóval a Polly nevű top megjelenésekor gondoltam megér egy próbát. Maradékokból meg egy sosem hordott nadrágból lett végül két felsőm.
Pár gondolat -
Elvileg működik szövöttekkel is, de szerintem egy kis stretch nem árt. 
Az UK méretezés néha becsapós. 8-ast varrtam de még ez is egy kicsit nagy.
El kellett volna olvasni Cation posztját rendesen mert ő egy kicsit feljebb hozta a nyakkivágást.
Azért mindkettő hordható, és tuti jók lesznek majd ha pl esetleg megint terhes leszek 4-5 hónapig. És ha nagyon meleg va n és valami szellősebbre vágyom.

2 comments:

  1. Pont az jutott eszembe, amikor megláttam, hogy Juniornak kistesója lesz?... de akkor még csak terv szinten :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igen, határozottan terv szinten :) De ami késik nem múlik.

      Delete