28 Jan 2020

A Statement Coat - Vogue V9040

I got a Bluprint coat making class with Steffani Lincecum (Craftsy back then, actually) ages ago (thank you Heather Dawson) and always been wanting to actually make it. Last year I´ve met the fabric of my dreams for this particular coat - 2mm wool felt in radiant turquiose. I also needed some really nice lining so first I bought a silk/cotton blend in black which turned out to be a bad choice being too light to match with the relatively heavy felt. So new order, new fabric - still a silk/cotton blend but a bit heavier and in a very nice matching color.
Earlier this year I made the time to start making it. I expected sweat and tears but surprise-surprise - the pattern is close to perfect, the notches matched and there was no misalignment with the lining either.
I did size 14 - the sizing was totally different to what I´m used so I went after the ready dimensions. I think in a lighter fabric I might go one size down.



Hello extra inner pocket - this is part of the class, not included in the pattern

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Was super fun to make it. Felt is great fabric to work with as long as you don't start ripping seams.

      Delete