11 Apr 2018

Save Your Hopeless Projects

Once upon a time I had dreams of making dresses using Tanya Whelan´s dress book. I had the perfect fabric for a dress with a 6-gore skirt and princess seams without the waist seam. As always I didn´t so any muslins and went straight to my fashion fabric. Was a big mistake - it turned out to be way too big. I started to rip off all the seams (yes, all were ready by then except neck and arm binding and zipper insert) and got tired of it. I was also too fast in some places and cut into the fabric.

The pieces were laying on my desk for a year or so. Then the idea came - don´t give up on it, make the skirt then. And so I did. Cut the skirt off and finished it. Nice summer skirt in super easy. I was so happy at the end not to lose the fabric completely (I really like it) and tapped myself on the shoulder for being such a genius. A bit slow genius but still one.

Original plan without the waist seam

And what it ended up being



No comments:

Post a Comment